About Food Storage
ALPINEAIRE® GOURMET RESERVES FOOD STORAGE, POUCH PRODUCTS AND SELF HEATING MEALS
Gourmet Reserves (shelf life: 5 to 10+ years)
The Gourmet Reserves product line is unique in the industry as it provides the largest variety of foods available in shelf-stable cans appropriate for long-term food storage. Our menus consist of everyday foods and meals that are enjoyed by adults
and children. Various systems are available, tailored to meet the needs of any
customer. Our foods are created to be consumed anytime/anywhere with hot or cold
Gourmet Reserves has shelf stable food systems and individual items designed to meet your needs
with food that is
nutritionally sound, convenient, and familiar. Our systems are practical and
easily incorporated into your daily diet. Our exclusive "No Cooking Required"
systems are easy to prepare. Items are eat-as-is or prepared by adding hot or
cold water to reconstitute. We have selected the very best quality foods,
(freeze-dried, dehydrated, instant) completely free of artificial additives.
The systems are assembled to supply both your long-term and short-term needs.
Most of our food storage items are either freeze-dried or dehydrated. These
processes are ideal for long-term food storage. Freeze-dried foods keep 90% of
their nutritional value, dehydrated foods keep 80%, and canned goods from
grocery stores keep 50% to 60%.
Freeze-dried products make up the majority of ingredients used for Gourmet
Reserves. For instant or
quick rehydration of certain dried foods and for products which retain their
shape and texture,
freeze-drying is the preferred method. The first step in freeze-drying is to
rapidly freeze the food. The water content, now frozen, is turned directly
into a gas and withdrawn from the food during the next steps, vacuum and heat,
thus avoiding the shrinkage. Many of Gourmet Reserves products are custom
freeze-dried to suit our strict quality requirements. Freeze-dried products
include: grains, beans, fruits, meats, seafood, pastas, vegetables, and eggs.
Using this process, 98% of the moisture is removed.
Key Advantages of Freeze-Drying:
- Retains the original taste and nutritional value of the food
- Foods are quick and easy to prepare
- There is no waste
- Ideal method for maintaining flavors of meat, poultry and fish
- Extends the shelf life of the product
- No Preservatives are necessary
- Results in a super lightweight, compact product
- A wide variety of foods are available
- One can use hot or cold water to rehydrate
The standard method of dehydrating vegetables and spices is to place the items
on a conveyor belt and run them through an oven at a high temperature for a
relatively short time. Between 90% and 95% of the moisture is removed.
Some vegetables are more suited to this form of drying than others. This means
that with the addition of water, the product rehydrates back to its original
state more easily. Preferable items include: onions, bell peppers, tomatoes,
celery, carrots and mushrooms. Dehydrated items such as peas, corn and green
beans do not rehydrate as well as freeze-dried.
Almost all of our food items require rehydration. Rehydration requires that
you add water to the freeze-dried or dehydrated item and wait a few minutes
til the food saturates all the water or rehydrates. It is a simple and quick
method to prepare most food storage items.
SELECTING A FOOD STORAGE SYSTEM
Some day you may actually need to depend on a food storage system. The purchase of a food storage system represents a sizable investment. The consumer should be discriminating in selecting the manufacturer. The questions and information below provide a valuable process by which one can identify and determine the most suitable food storage system.
The following questions will assist you in identifying a food storage system for you and your family:
- Under what scenarios do you anticipate the need for using food reserves?
- Will you be mobile?
- Will food preparation facilities, supplies, and fuel be available?
- Have you determined the length of time you desire the system to sustain you
and your family?
- How many people will be depending upon your food?
- Are there special nutritional requirements? Click here for Nutritional Data.
- How important is ease of preparation?
- Have you considered your budget?
- How many calories do you require per person?
SPECIFIC FEATURES OF A GOURMET RESERVES® FOOD STORAGE SYSTEM
- PURITY OF INGREDIENTS - Gourmet Reserves foods are all natural, NO artificial
preservatives, flavorings, colorings, MSG, or white sugar. Click here for
- FAMILIARITY - Your food system should be familiar everyday foods easily
recognizable and reflect a balanced diet offering good taste. Gourmet Reserve
foods offer the
best selection from which to choose.
- PREPARATION CONVENIENCE - Gourmet Reserves offers many convenient food storage systems which can be prepared with a limited amount of fuel and water.
- SHELF LIFE - Shelf life of any food reserves is always critical. Gourmet
the latest technologies available to ensure long shelf life. Excessive heat
will shorten the shelf
life of all products. A rule of thumb: the cooler the better. Click here for
Shelf Life information.
- VARIETY - We have over 170 selections that will prevent appetite fatigue.
WHAT MAKES GOURMET RESERVES® FOOD STORAGE SYSTEMS DISTINCTIVE?
- The largest "No Cook" product selection available in shelf stable cans.
- We are an established, trusted industry leader with a distinguished
reputation since 1979.
- We offer an extensive variety of products packed in small and large cans. Items include: complete "No Cook" entrees, breakfasts, side-dishes, individual items, complete food storage systems from one day to one year, standard commodities, and emergency systems.
- Our manufacturing facilitiy is inspected daily by a U.S.D.A. resident
inspector and complies
with strict standards for wholesomeness and cleanliness.
- Federal inspection enables us to offer a complete line of real poultry and
beef products both
as individual items and in meals. We have the largest selection available. We use
state-of-the-art canning and oxygen-reducing techniques to provide for long
- We offer great tasting, easy-to-prepare complete meals and individual items.
- Ingredients used are of the highest quality and are nutritionally superior.
Our products are
familiar, everyday foods enjoyed by adults and children.
- Our packaging is distinctive and professional. We continue to lead the
industry with innovation and integrity.
FOOD STORAGE PACKAGING
All GOURMET RESERVES® products are packed in #10 size cans (approximately one
gallon) or #2
1/2 size cans (approximately one quart). These cans are heavy-gauge metal and
enamel-coated on both the inside and outside to guard against rust and
moisture. We use a "state of the art" oxygen absorber in all of our cans and
pouches to maintain freshness and shelf life by eliminating oxygen. This procedure ensures
the very best in shelf life. Resealable plastic lids are included in all
systems and on individual cans.
It is crucial that you store food reserves properly:
- Avoid exposure to sunlight, heat and moisture. Make sure foods are not
accessible to insects or animals.
- Never store food directly on the ground or on concrete floors - moisture can
build up inside containers.
- Avoid such storage places that experience temperature build-up such as
attics, garages or car trunks. Ideal food storage conditions: Temperature: 40-70
degrees Fahrenheit. Humidity: 55% or less.
- Store in a location that's accessible so that periodic inspections are easy.
- Avoid excessive and rough handling of pouch and canned foods.
It is best to store all items in a cool and dry environment like the basement,
under a bed is also good. The 55 gallon drums we offer for water storage are designed to have weight stacked on them when filled with water, these would serve as a good base to stack your food and also save space while keeping your food storage and water storage together.
ALPINEAIRE® POUCH PRODUCTS AND SELF HEATING MEALS
Welcome Outdoor Adventurers!
Pouch Products (shelf life: 2 to 4 years)
We offer serious campers, hikers, and backpackers the best outdoor
recreational food in the world. All foods are packaged in sturdy foil pouches
with no cooking required. All items are easy and convenient to use with
minimal time needed for preparation. No fuss, no mess, no cleanup. Many of the
items are "eat-as-is" or instant. We offer quality nutrition in a wide variety
of exciting recipes. Our reputation for nutrition is surpassed only by our
distinction for outstanding taste. There are no artificial preservatives,
flavorings, colorings, MSG, or white sugar in our foods. We select only the
best freeze-dried, dehydrated ingredients and spices available for our gourmet
recipes. A "state of the art" oxygen absorber is added to each pouch prior to
sealing to ensure freshness.
Self Heating Meals (shelf life: 18 months)
No time, no oven, no water...no problem. Now, thanks to a new food
technology, you can have a delicious entree at the mere pull of a strap.
These hassle-free Inferno meals are ideal for outdoor activities and
everyday use. Now, whether you backpack, bike, hike, surf, ski, canoe or
sail, you can have a hot meal at your fingertips. Currently, you can
choose from entrees such as Chicken Pasta Parmesan, Hearty Beef Stew,
Homestyle Chicken Booyah, and Mountain Chili. For more information about
our Inferno self heating meals click here Self Heating Meals.
Members of the 35th Anniversary Everest Assault party say,
"When food tastes great above 17,000 feet, you know it's high quality." After three separate Everest expeditions
fortified by AlpineAire, they know what they're talking about.
Read This Before Making a Final Decision on Your Food Storage Investment
* * * KEY POINT TO REMEMBER WHEN CONSIDERING FOOD STORAGE COST * * *
ALPINEAIRE GOURMET RESERVES® ARE UNIQUE (FREEZE-DRIED, DEHYDRATED, & INSTANT) STORABLE FOODS, THE VERY BEST VALUE IN THE INDUSTRY, AND WILL NEVER GO TO WASTE. YES, THERE ARE CHEAPER DEHYDRATED FOOD STORAGE SYSTEMS AND ITEMS OUT THERE, BUT YOU WOULD NEVER EAT THOSE FOODS UNLESS YOU HAD TO IN A CRISIS, BECAUSE THEY SIMPLY DON'T TASTE VERY GOOD, ARE LESS CONVENIENT, AND THEIR NUTRITIONAL VALUE IS LESS.
THEREFORE, IF MANY YEARS GO BY WITHOUT A CRISIS AND THE FOOD HAS TO START BEING USED (AFTER TEN YEARS OR SO) - YOU PROBABLY WON'T USE FOOD THAT DOESN'T TASTE VERY GOOD, AND YOUR TOTAL FOOD STORAGE INVESTMENT WOULD HAVE BEEN A WASTE.
ON THE OTHER HAND, ALPINEAIRE FOODS ARE TASTY AND DELICIOUS, COMPARABLE TO FOOD RIGHT FROM THE GROCERY STORE - FOR ABOUT HALF THE PRICE OF
STORE BOUGHT FOODS. YOU CAN EASILY SUBSTITUTE YOUR SUPERMARKET FOOD WITH ALPINEAIRE GOURMET RESERVES®
AND BE COVERED BOTH WAYS (CRISIS OR NO CRISIS) NEVER WASTING A DIME. THIS IS WHY ALPINEAIRE FOODS IS THE BEST INVESTMENT AND VALUE IN THE INDUSTRY. THE BOTTOM LINE IS - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.